PWI NSW Annual Survey Results - Click Here for Full Results
PWI NSW Current Constitution - Click Here
PWI NSW Code of Conduct 2011 - Click Here
The Permanent Way Institution, New South Wales Incorporated is believed to be one of the largest and most active Sections of the Permanent Way Institution worldwide. The NSW PWI Section became incorporated in 1996.
The PWI NSW has held a highly successful Annual Convention every year since our inception. It is held during October each year. This event is renowned as being the most value-for-money railway conference in Australia. As each year goes by, our proactive Committee strives to lifting the bar to a higher level each time, with each year’s Convention getting better than the previous year’s and with the event continually growing in popularity.
The benefits of being part of our prestigious PWI NSW Section are extensive:
- Sharing of knowledge of the Railway Industry with approximately 500 individual members, life members, more than 80+ active corporate members, including our special Enhanced Membership Levels of Platinum, Gold and Silver Membership.
- Enhanced permanent way learning, including quarterly meetings, including four quarterly meetings.
- Participate in our Annual Convention, which held in October each year in Sydney.
- Contribute in one of our prestigious awards for excellence, viz; the Steve Maxwell Platelaying Award, the Alan Barham Maintenance Team Award, the Ken Erickson Achievement Award, the Welders’ Award and the Young Achiever’s Award.
- Enjoy the conviviality and mateship of great interaction and networking with approximately 600 railway personnel of varied disciplines, contractors, suppliers and consultants, attending the Annual Convention.
- With the railway industry’s change in ownership and accountability from government towards the private sector, the PWI is a unique body, which can bring all these associated parties together.
- Participate in regional meetings which are held in major towns and cities in Country NSW, to promote the aims of our Institution to service our members in these areas.
- Attend unique networking opportunities such as our Winter Dinner.
- Participate in our annual Harbour Cruise, which usually follow the Annual Convention.
- Participate in special events like hosting the Australian visit by the UK Sections as occurred in the winter of 2006.
The Permanent Way Institution, New South Wales Incorporated operates under a constitution. This constitution is updated from time to time and all amednments are passed by a vote of committee and amembers via the AGM. Above is a link to the current approved constitution. Any enquiries or suggestested changes should be communicated to the PWI Secretary (see contact page for details).
PWI NSW Platinium